Show Sponsor – Meadow Yarn
Meadow Yarn is an inviting online retailer selling yarn, needles and notions. It’s a small, family business based in rural Suffolk in the UK. Meadow Yarn was born out of a passion for beautiful yarn and knitting accessories and aims to bring you a range of great products. Yarns stocked include madelinetosh, Eden Cottage Yarn, Hazel Knits and many more.
What’s in the WIP?
Still working on secret design knitting.
Paper snowflakes – fab tutorial that kids can do – How to make paper snowflakes tutorial
Week 3 Knitvent pattern – Crisp and Even Cowl
Leave a comment on the pattern page above and let me know who you would make this for to go in the draw for a ball of Rowan Creative Focus Worsted (by Sunday 30 Nov)
Knitting cables WITH a cable needle (front cross)
Join in the Knitvent KAL over here on Curious Handmade board on Ravelry.
There is going to be an Eden Cottage Yarn shop update this weekend which will include some BFL sock.
And Eden Cottage Yarn is going to sponsor the Knitvent Jingle Bells Grand Prize!!
Did you see that A Playful Day SSSalong has been renamed #MEalong?
It made me think about the book I’m reading at the moment The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
by Brene Brown and how being a little bit selfish isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, gratitude, #MEalong and #zengifting I chat about some little things that I’m planning on “indulging” in.
- Drink more water – its really nice with a squeeze of fresh lemon
- Do 5 minutes of breathing in a quiet space (or in a queue at the post office)
- Declutter a space in your house – even just one space or surface
- Delete those sale emails and don’t even click on them!
- Do one little annoying job that you’ve been putting off.
- Pee when you need to
- Call a friend – remember how we used to pick up the phone and talk to people? Reclaim the phone!
- Take some things off your plate and say “no” to more things.
- Maybe start or revive a a gratitude practice such as a journal or a visual one e.g. 100 happy days
- AND enjoy and savour your knitting regardless of whether you are knitting gifts or something for yourself.
I’m curious about what are your non-guilty pleasures and tips?
Leave a comment below on the blog by Wednesday 3 December and let me know and I will give away a gorgeous skein of yarn to a commenter.