Today I’m talking about some (restrained!) yarn buying, my WIP triumph, and how I learned to love going to events like the Edinburgh Yarn Festival, even as an introvert.
Meadow Yarn is an inviting online retailer selling yarn, needles and notions. It’s a small, family business based in rural Suffolk in the UK. Meadow Yarn was born out of a passion for beautiful yarn and knitting accessories and aims to bring you a range of great products. Yarns stocked include Northbound Knitting, Eden Cottage Yarn, the Fibre Co and many more.
“I would love the craftsy class. I just got a knitting machine last year and I am flying by the seat of my pants with my projects, not really knowing what I am doing but having a go. A class would really help.”
Curious Handmade KAL News:
The Snowmelt Shawl MKAL is going beautifully. Clue #3 was just released yesterday and the spectrum of colour combinations is making my heart sing. We still have new people joining every day, and the clues are manageable: you can catch up with us in no time! We’ve split chat on the Curious Handmade Ravelry group into spoiler and non-spoiler threads so that you can peek ahead or preserve the mystery for yourself as you knit, even if you’re joining a little late!
There are two more clues to come!
Clue #4: Thursday 23 February
Clue #5: Thursday 2 March
and the KAL will run until the end of March so that you’ll have plenty of time to finish!
The Wool Kitchen sock yarn in Blue Pop and Niji colourways
What’s in the WIP:
My other deep WIP is the Reyka Pullover by Cirilia Rose which I’ll be tackling when I get back from my trip.
The socks continue bit by bit!
I’m getting really excited for the Edinburgh Yarn Festival next month, where I’ll be taking part in the Podcaster’s Lounge sponsored by Blacker Yarns.
Here are the details direct from Blacker Yarns:
To celebrate the Blacker Yarns Podcast Lounge at Edinburgh Yarn Festival 2017 we are delighted to announce a C/KAL. If you are making the trip to Edinburgh in March – or even if you can’t, but wish you could – let’s knit together and ramp up that festival excitement.
- The BlackerPod KAL casts on on the 19th January and casts off on 4th March.
- You can knit or crochet any design you like, but you must use yarn from Blacker *
- This C/KAL is open to everyone (whether you can make Edinburgh Yarn Festival or not)
- Use this thread to chatter about your pattern choices and yarn choices and post pictures of your WIPs
- There will be a meet up at Edinburgh Yarn Festival. (date and time tba) If you are going to EYF and you wear your FO in 100% Blacker Yarns you will get a discount on the stall as a prize.
- For those who cannot make it to EYF we will have a FOMO FO thread (fear of missing out finished objects) and there will be a random prize draw after EYF
Also use hashtag #blackerpodkal when you chat online and use blackerpodkal to tag your rav projects
If you are going to the Edinburgh Yarn Festival and wear something you’ve made in Blacker Yarns Blacker will be offering a discount!
Check out the Blacker Yarns Ravelry group for more details and information on prizes and teams.
That is all the notes for this week. I’ll talk to you again soon, and until then, happy knitting!