The Georgie Baby Blanket is the June design for the Dream Big Collection.
I’m having a launch sale of 75% off for TODAY ONLY!
You can buy the pattern on Ravelry here (and the discount will be automatically applied during the sale period)
Georgie is an easy, baby blanket or throw in a fresh modern style.
The blanket is constructed by working the body section in one piece, then the border is picked up and knit in the round.
Is it just me, or does it seem like it is “baby season” at the moment? I seem to have a lot of friends expecting just now. Now, I am certainly not complaining about this joyful state of affairs!
When I was expecting my first baby I spent a lot of time daydreaming about the perfect nursery. I poured over magazines and pinned lots of pictures of cots and other cute baby things.
Of course the question of what I was going to knit for the new baby was central to my perfectly kitted out baby fantasies.
I was obsessed with the Skandi look, with its clean lines and bright modern colours. But I really struggled to find knitting patterns in this style. What baby blanket would perfectly match my dream Stokke cot?
Since then, I have decided that a baby blanket is the perfect new baby gift. You don’t have to worry about fit and are therefore safe in the knowledge that (with a bit of care on the part of the recipient) it will last for many years. It may even become a much loved “blankie” essential for bedtime comfort.
5 great things about the Georgie pattern:
- You can have fun choosing colour combinations to suit the new arrival (or their parents!).
- It’s a fun, bright, unisex design that will suit little princes or princesses alike.
- The design is graphic and eye-catching, but really easy and relaxing to knit.
- The striped pattern is created by using slipped stitches so you are only ever knitting with one colour at a time.
- The sample is knit in sport weight yarn but it would also be well suited to DK or worsted weight yarn.